St. Michael & All Angels Episcopal Church is a place where people at all stages of life come to worship, to seek their way in the world, and to share God-given gifts in service to others. At St. Michael’s, our mission is to foster a safe and hospitable environment where Christian community happens and relationships are nurtured.
Here’s what’s coming up:
Friday, November 1 — Art Gallery Opening Read more.
Saturday, November 3 — Youth Variety Show Read more.
Saturday, November 23 — Craft Fair Read more.
The goals for our Parish Life ministries are:
- Strengthen the work of connecting people into this community by
- Promoting parish awareness and skills for intentional welcoming,
- Encouraging the building of supportive relationships within the community,
- Developing programs to support new members in their early years in our parish, and
- Giving attention to the coming shifts in population and households;
- Enhance the experience of fellowship at coffee hours, receptions and suppers; and
- Develop teaching around the spirituality of Christian life in community.
Specific parish ministries of hospitality are described below.
Coffee Hour Teams
These teams set up and clean up refreshments provided for this regular parish offering of hospitality every Sunday, between the 9:00 and 11:00 am services. Teams serve approximately once a month.
Special Receptions Teams
These teams decorate the space, serve the food, and clean up after receptions on Sundays and at other times when the community gathers for special liturgies and on other special occasions. For further information about coordinating a special reception click here. For further information about tasks involved in hosting special receptions click here. For punch recipes click here.
Special Annual Events:
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- Maundy Thursday Meal (For Food List for this meal click here.)
- Easter Vigil Fiesta
For much more on our special events and opportunities for hospitality, please check the Hospitality page or click here.
New Member Ministry Team
This team contacts each newcomer or visitor to offer friendship, information and ways of connecting more fully with other people and programs in this community.
Sunday Lunch Teams
These teams host the parish lunch every other Sunday from September to June after the 11:00 am service. They set up, serve, and clean up. (Other parishioners provide the food.) Hospitality Guidelines and Task Lists are posted here for your information.For further information about coordinating the Sunday Lunch Ministry, click here.
Wedding Reception Teams
These teams help decorate the space, serve the food, and clean up after wedding receptions.
This team provides informal hospitality to visitors and newer members of the parish following worship and during social events. They introduce people to other parishioners, and assist them in obtaining information about the parish and the Episcopal Church.
To learn more about opportunities to get involved in any of these parish ministries of hospitality, please contact the Rector.