Youth Group has returned with new energy for the 2022-23 school year! Youth group will meet every other Sunday, with third Sundays spent with the NE Youth Collective, a newly formed collaboration of progressive churches in NE Portland who “are committed to the love of God for young people, through community, service and spiritual growth.” Meetings with the Youth Collective will rotate locations.
In addition to the fall schedule listed below, the Diocese is organizing a few Diocesan-wide youth events for Episcopalian youth across the region:
• January 7th – 8th Community-service project in the morning followed by reflection and spiritual grounding around the Longest Night.
• April 22nd – 23rd Earth Day-themed community service project on the coast with beach time and a Resurrection Vigil.
Padre Beto is also in conversation with Misa youth about how we can serve the youth from all St. Michael’s expressions.
After the last few years of relative isolation, we are grateful for community partners like the NE Youth Collective and Derek Moyer, Missioner for Lifelong Formation at the Diocese, as well as our incredible parents lending their support.
Here’s the tentative schedule for the rest of the fall:
• Sunday, October 23, 5:00 pm – NE Youth Collective (location tba)
• Sunday, November 6, 5:00 pm – regular youth gathering at St. Michael’s
• Sunday, November 20, 5:00 pm – NE Youth Collective (location tba)
• Sunday, December 4, 5:00 pm – regular youth gathering at St. Michael’s
• Sunday, December 18 – youth group Christmas Party (time and location tba)