The Endowment Fund was created at the 1992 Annual Parish Meeting as a way to safeguard St. Michael’s future by securing bequests and other gifts. The Fund’s other purpose is to provide continuing support for the mission of the parish. It accepts gifts and donations of any size and at any time during the year. A donor’s contribution made directly to this fund has a lasting effect on the church’s financial well-being. The Endowment Fund Committee oversees the investment of the funds, keeping in mind the need to produce the best possible income while minimizing risk.
Fund income may be used for the following purposes, and not more than one half of the income from the Fund can be distributed to any one of these purposes in any given year.
- For scholarships and grants to members of St. Michael’s for training that enables members to grow in Christian faith and service to God’s people;
- For outreach into the community;
- For projects of The Episcopal Church; and,
- For capital improvements, debt reduction or the building program of St. Michael & All Angels Church.
Each year, the Fund Committee invites members of our community to apply for grants from Fund income during 2018. Grant applications should be in writing using a form that is available at the parish office. Any of the Committee members would be pleased to discuss proposed grants.
Recent approved income distributions have gone towards the following:
- Attendance at the Episcopal Communicators Conference for our website guru
- Testing for a parishioner going through the diaconate process
- Support for the St. Michael’s work brigade El Porvenir in Nicaragua
- Classes for an Altar Guild member in church needlepoint
- Día de los Niños cross-cultural, bilingual celebration
- Latino youth camp scholarships
- Architectural service to oversee structural improvements at St. Michael’s