Our Ongoing Commitment to Hospitality
- Clergy and the Newcomer Committee welcome all those persons who are visiting for the first time or who are seeking to become more involved at St. Michael’s.
- Coffee Hour is offered after the 9:00 and 11:15 am liturgies all year.
- Sunday Lunch is free and open to all after the 11:15 am liturgy during the school year.
- Convivio — a delicious meal and fellowship offered after the 1:00 liturgy in Spanish — takes place all year.
- Special meals and receptions are offered on multiple occasions during the year, often in conjunction with special liturgies. These include our Epiphany meal and the arrival of the Three Kings; Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper; Holy Thursday soup dinner; Pentecost cake and strawberries; Apple Pie Sunday for the 4th of July; Parish Picnic and Potluck in the park; Labor Day Ice Cream Social; St. Michael’s Day and All Saints Day festive receptions; Las Posadas and fiesta in December; and festive receptions after every service on Easter and Christmas.
In addition, many events take place annually or just once, including celebrations, fundraisers, and musical programs — or all three! They are all opportunities for the community to spend time together and support each other. These events may include or have included the following:
- Broadway Night, a fundraiser for the music program
- The Youth Variety Show
- Sauvie Island bike rides
- El Porvenir auction and dinner
- Night of Bunco
- Cake Auction
- Advent Concerts and simple lunches
- Centennial Celebration Gala Dinner
Hospitality is also offered for more personal events. For these situations, please contact the church office or a member of the clergy:
- Confirmations, Affirmations, and Reaffirmations
- Funerals/Memorial Services
- Meals for those in special need, such as a family member in the hospital or with a new baby
It takes many hands to make all of these events happen. Our volunteers are priceless! Please contact one of the clergy or the church office for information on how to get involved.